Friday, October 30, 2009

Every day is a good day

Ok, so what is a good day? I mean, the perfect day does not exist, not in the real world of routine anyway. The other day I dropped my goddaughter at playschool (her mother got a flat tyre on the way there. Me to the rescue!!) Her 2-year old, little face lit up as she said hi to friends and started picking up crayons for drawing. Not a care in the world. The rest of my day…well I can’t remember much. Now, I can say that was a good day, but if you asked me at the end of the day, I probably would’ve said that I am sick of irritated, angry melo-dramatic voices on the other side of the line, can’t handle another day without additional assistance, in desperate need of a holiday, would like to remember how relaxed shoulders feel like, and would love not to go back to work tomorrow. The point is, when you reflect on your day, only think about the things that you will remember in a couple of days. Forget the stuff that doesn’t matter, don’t even spend time thinking about them. You will find something good about your day. Whether it is waking up next to the one you love, going to the job you truly enjoy, seeing a friend that means the world, sitting in the sun, enjoying a cup of coffee, helping your girlfriend by taking your goddaughter to school, and reminisce about being a kid…

1 comment:

  1. about this post:

    i agree, I used to end each day with a section in my journal called WWGAT (what was good about today...) for this exact reason.

    we need to remember the good parts and move on from the crappy parts.

    love you, BLOG MORE< jy het goeie thoughts:) x

    ReplyDelete